The Award is open to individuals or groups who:
Applications are sought from emerging artists, whether individuals or groups, who have the skills to design, make and install their concept of the commission brief.
Applicants may be:
- students/apprentices/undergraduates from any background in the United Kingdom studying at a specialist school, further education college or university
- individuals who have graduated/completed their vocational education within the last 7 years
- self-taught and have set up their business within the last 7 years
Your application should include:
- your name and contact details
- your CV
- photographic (JPEG) or video links to examples of your work
- a statement (maximum of 400 words), short video or Mp3 sound recording explaining how you have interpreted the commission
- a concept drawing or sketch of your design. NB Finalists may be asked to provide more detailed information prior to their interview with the Judges
- an example of a technical drawing and budget breakdown from a previous project.
If you have any questions about the commission, please contact Valerie Seager by email at email@example.com.
If you would like help in uploading your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date 28 February 2020
Finalists will be invited to attend an interview with the Judges and representatives from The English Folk Dance and Song Society on 4 May 2020 at Kingston School of Art. The winner will be notified by 11 May 2020
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The design must be your own original work prepared specifically to meet this commissioning brief. The commission should be completed and installed on site by (date to be confirmed). Finalists and the Award winner will be notified by e-mail. The winner will be notified by 30 April 2020. The Judges’ decision is final.